Friday, December 12, 2008

Deja Vu

It happened again. I couldn't believe it. My friend Bridgette brought over a Christmas treat including her sugar cookies. I love her sugar cookies. They are soft and airy and well . . . just as a sugar cookie should be in my eyes. After dinner the kids and I enjoyed one of the famous delights. Chris saved his for later. This turned out to be a big mistake.

I woke up this morning to find this crime scene. You can see some crumbs, unwrapped Hershey's kisses, and the almost empty goodie box on the table. You can tell my criminal is still in training as he left his bright red binky right in the middle of the incriminating evidence. Just like on Halloween night, Craig found the treats and claimed them for his own.
He left a number of kisses still in the box, but he had his way with the rest of it. So I cleaned up the mess and gave Craig a good talking to. After squaring things away, I hopped in the shower. After my shower I checked on the kids and everything was fine. While I was drying my hair, Craig did it AGAIN. Just like Halloween, Craig got back into the candy and shared with Laney. Chocolate as all over the carpet and Laney. I couldn't believe I had been such a moron.
This is what I have determined. Craig is apart of some Mommy Training program. He, along with other 2 year olds with too much time put together this training course. I think he volunteered me because I apparently have a few things to learn. I apparently flunked this part of the test the first time and I didn't do much better the second time around. I can't even imagine what the final will look like.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

He sounds just like my Preston. Preston loves anything sweet! I have to put everything out of reach and out of sight.

Allison said...

How does it go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Not that you don't have anything else to think about besides hiding treats and sweets. :)

Cindy Jenkins said...

Haha! You gotta love a criminal like that, huh?! He reminds me of Maddie. And Grady!!! Think goodies AND nail polish. *shivers*