My kids LOVED the snow. . . and it snowed while we were there. It came down everyday, but on Christmas we received a special treat; two feet of the blessed stuff. I love it and still do. Probably because I didn't have to clear any of it. My kids went out in it everyday and would stay out there as long as they could talk an adult to staying with them.
The funniest thing was Craig who did his best impression of the little brother from A Christmas Story. You remember the one who couldn't "put my arms down." Yeah, Craig was that kid. He was completely unable to bend at the waist, so he couldn't get up when he fell down in the snow. He would just lay there until help arrived. He did it the whole time with a big smile on his face. Chris and Poppy were the ones that took the kids out. I watched with Laney from inside.
We had a little sing along. Laney loved the piano. On Christmas Eve we tried to do a little Nativity play. Abigail was the only one that was really into it. She of course got to play Mary. Craig tolerated his costume long enough to snap this great shot. Then, that was that.
The disappointment from the skit didn't last long. The doorbell rang and we could hear jingle bells. It was Santa.
Laney wasn't too happy about a hair old guy holding her, but Abigail gave it a thumbs up!!
Christmas was great. It is of course all about spending time with family. We missed my sister and her family. If they had been there the adults would have outnumbered the kids. That would have been helpful. Our last night in Park City, this whole group slept under one roof. As our families get bigger, this will be harder and harder to do. I am grateful that everyone took time to come through all that snow to do it one more time.



3 comments:
What a beautiful Christmas tree! I am so glad you guys had a great Christmas! A white one too! That makes it even better I think!
Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL christmas!!! We need to get together soon!!
Brooke, that looks like an amazing Christmas! There is something about snow that makes it extra special!!! I'm so glad that our household got to visit Utah and all that snow during the holidays too.
In spite of the bad ending of a good game, Sunday was awesome! I sure love you guys!!!!!!
Post a Comment