This Sunday marked a milestone for us. This was Laney's first week in nursery. She did great. Our nurseries are a little overcrowded simply because there are 56 nursery age kids in our ward. Yes, that is right. We have three nurseries, but 19 kids in a nursery is still too many. The primary told me they have called 6 more people to be nursery workers and they are trying to work out a room for a fourth nursery. The kitchen was a suggestion. Yikes! Good news is we have a building about 1.5 miles away in the works. Another 6 months and this situation should change again.
This Sunday was also peaceful because Chris' sister and her new husband are moving into our ward. They joined us for the first time this week. The kids just mobbed them throughout Sacrament Meeting. I don't remember such a relaxing day at church.
The one stress was having to teach Relief Society. I haven't been able to get a teacher called for 3 months. Saturday night around 10 pm I realized that I didn't have a sub, so that meant that I was up to teach. The lesson went well enough, but calling Whitney "Sister Whiting" was a little strange. Love you Whit.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I had no idea we had that many in nursery! I knew we had a lot, but wow.
I'm sure you did great on your lesson!
Post a Comment