Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Aftermath of Halloween

Sometime late Halloween night or early the next morning, I am not really sure which, I woke up to a sound I didn't recognize. I figured it was Craig who sometimes gets up in the middle of the night and roams around the house. I made Chris take care of it because I had already been up with the baby several times. A few minutes later Chris came back to bed and told me about how he found Craig. He was sitting on the couch with our Halloween candy bowl between his legs. Next to him on the couch was a pile of wrappers and his face was covered in chocolate or "chocy" as he calls it. Apparently he had found the one source of candy that I didn't stash up high, made himself comfortable, and went to town. I lament not getting up to relish that moment, and I am sure despite everything I would have snapped a picture real quick before cleaning up. I love Halloween.

Now given that experience you would think that I had learned my lesson. While I remembered to put up all the candy, I forgot that Craig has learned to push chairs up to things. The next morning while taking my shower Craig got his candy down and opened a few pieces which he lovingly shared with Laney. Thanks Craig. They had both drooled chocolate on to the carpet in the few minutes I was cleaning up. It's like the kid had a timer and knows. I just had to shake my head and start cleaning up. I hope your Halloween was just like mine.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!! I looove that boy! What a crack up, and what a sweet brother to share his candy with Laney!

Rachel John said...

Hilarious! I guess I should be thankful Mikey hasn't succeeded in too much mischief. But he hasn't turned two yet...

Allison said...

Who knew he had such a sweet tooth! I, too, need a midnight snack once in awhile. Lucky for me, Jacob forgot about his Halloween treats by the next day.

KathyCarbs said...

Craig is such a boy!
One morning we woke up and Steven (2) had climbed the drawers next to the frig, gotten down a cake from the top of the frig and was in our master bath sharing it with the dog.
:)