This past month has been crazy. The day after Chris left for his training I went into urgent care because I was in a lot of pain. It turned out that I had Shingles. I was lucky in that I never developed the rash so I was never contagious, so don't worry. But I have been really sick and my recovery has been much slower than I would hope. I am only now getting my energy back and it has been 4 weeks.
Last weekend Chris' sister, brother-in-law, and mother watched the kids for me so I could go visit him in Denver. Words cannot begin to describe the gratitude I feel for their service. It provided me a much needed break and time to recover. When we originally planned this trip, before I got sick, we had all sorts of plans of things we were going to do together. Those all got canceled, but it worked out perfectly. It was freezing cold and I was more than happy to read my book The Reagan Diaries, which is dry but really interesting by the way, and watch the snow fall. Yes, I enjoyed snow and tomorrow it will be 100 here. I napped and we ate great food. The best part was just being together without the distractions of being at home. Good news, I still really, really love my husband. The only down side was that I forgot my camera. No pics. Sorry.
After returning home, I got back into the swing of things slowly. I have been working on starting my little sewing business. Today I had the first review of my store published. I was very excited to put it mildly. Here is the link.
Chris comes home this weekend to see the kids and be with me. It is good because I just received an assignment from the stake that is a bit overwhelming right now. I am trying to get my head wrapped around it. That is why I am up later than I should be writing this.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I did not realize you were a seamstress! Beautiful work! Hope things calm down soon.
Post a Comment