My grandparents came to town and came over to spend the morning with us. 
We went to the park and ate a picnic lunch in what turned out to be a beautiful day. My grandparents treated my kids to ice cream and read them a few stories. 
It was a simple day, but it was perfect.

Earlier this week my husband's grandma died. It was after years of sickness and even more years separated from her loving husband. It has given me cause to reflect and be very grateful for simple days like the one we had today. I am lucky. I know that. All four of my grandparents are alive and in good health. The oldest of them is getting close to 90 and the youngest will be 80 this year. I am grateful for them and thankful for them. I relish every time I get to see them and put my arms around them and thank them for the example they have set for me. I am so glad that my crazy kids were able to spend the day with them. It was wonderful to see how quickly they took to loving them. I am so glad my kids were able to know their great-grandparents.
It was a simple day, but it was perfect.
Earlier this week my husband's grandma died. It was after years of sickness and even more years separated from her loving husband. It has given me cause to reflect and be very grateful for simple days like the one we had today. I am lucky. I know that. All four of my grandparents are alive and in good health. The oldest of them is getting close to 90 and the youngest will be 80 this year. I am grateful for them and thankful for them. I relish every time I get to see them and put my arms around them and thank them for the example they have set for me. I am so glad that my crazy kids were able to spend the day with them. It was wonderful to see how quickly they took to loving them. I am so glad my kids were able to know their great-grandparents.




3 comments:
that's what grandparents/great-grandparents do best- take the kids out to ice cream and read stories to them! sounds like it was a nice visit!
It looks like they had a great time with Gma and Gpa Earnshaw. Travel safely to UTah. Wish we were there....
Lovely pics. Made me miss my grandparents who have already passed. They play such an important role in a child's life in my opinion.
Post a Comment