I wish I had stayed on top of all this, but here is a summary none the less. At the end of May, before Abigail even finished up school I spend a week at Girls Camp. These are my beautiful 3rd year girls. We got a little lost on the trail and our hike turned into a 12 miler. All of the girls did a wonderful job. I was very proud.
I have to admit the best part about Girls Camp is being a girl again. I laughed so hard each and every day. I loved being around the girls and the other leaders. I hope I am able to go every year.The week after I got home my oldest had her birthday. This is at Chuck E. Cheese. She received a stack of book from us for her birthday. She continues to read and amaze us with all that she is learning. She recently finished reading The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. It is the first book in the Chronicle of Narnia. We read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe together out loud and now she has started on the Horse and His Boy. She wants to finish Voyage of the Dawn Treader before that movice comes out.
We also designed this invitations to her party thanks to the help of one of my friends with a Cricut. Thanks JP. Separate blog entry on this later.
Another huge momentus occasion is that we got our first vegetable from our garden and ate it. The kids were so proud of the zuccini and were more than happy to eat it. This is the first year we have actually gotten anything from our garen. Usually I get lazy and forget to water it and when I finally get out there again it is dried up. This year we have tons of zuccini and I made pesto sauce from my fresh basil. It turned out amazing, but I will also admit to being bias.
I hope you are able to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.




No comments:
Post a Comment