Last month Chris and I celebrated our five year anniversary. I understand that in relationship to where we hope to be in 20, 30, 40 or 50 years we are still rookies, but five years is still a good chunk of time to have under our belts. I wanted to take a moment and reflect on all that we have accomplished.
Our most notable accomplishment would be our family. I love our three children immensely. While I realized that the love I have for my husband would grow. I have recently been overwhelmed by the love that I have for my children. They are just amazing little people. I love spending time with them. I feel like they are going about this world trying to soak it all up so quickly. My job is just to keep them safe and highlight that stuff that is worth learning. Other than that I usually just sit back and observe the light bulb moments like when Craig figures out when he eats sand I always tell him to spit it out. I am still waiting for him to realize that it is the digested sand that makes his diapers so uncomfortable. I sat Abigail down this week and explained to her that she had to keep her room clean because I kept tripping over her stuff with Delaney in my arms. The light bulb must have clicked on because she has kept her room clean, spotlessly clean, ever since. They are so good. In raising them, I have learned how to give so much better.
There are of course other accomplishments like the purchase of our house, graduating from college, and Chris maintaining his hair. Some of the most notable changes though have been the smallest. I am grateful for change and the ability to do so. With that . . . here's to another five years.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow....I truly just think that you are a fantastic woman. I don't think that I can say it enough. I am so blessed to have married into this family. Thank you for the wonderful example that you and your sweet family are to me and Kyle. We sure love you all.
Congratulations! Truly the greatest joys are to be found within our families.
5 years! Wow, time flies. Congrats!
Post a Comment