Thursday, June 26, 2008

Going Back to School

Hooray and a big deep sigh of relief. For those that know my family well know that Chris' career has been in limbo for a long time. What I mean is, while he has a job that he loves, it just isn't what he wants to be doing in ten years. He has tried and tried to figure something else out. The process has been going on for over two years. While the destination will be refined as time goes on, we at least know which direction we are headed now.

Chris has been accepted into the Accountancy program at ASU. He will spend one year studying full time to get his Masters of Accountancy which will eventually lead to becoming a CPA. There are a lot of details to still figure out, but I don't mind. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am sure he feels the same. Things are really falling in to place this time. You know how it feels when you figure out what Heavenly Father wants you to be doing and as you get on board the work is just easier than it should be. That is how I know. We finally got it right.

I am grateful to the friends and family who have been praying for us all along the way. I am grateful for the struggle. I am looking forward to this change in our family's life.

4 comments:

Barnes Family said...

That's so great! Does that mean that you guys are going to be moving? It would be so sad if you guys moved out of our ward. Congratulations again to Chris!

Brooke Jenkins said...

We are not moving. The program is at the ASU West campus so we plan to stay put.

The Wright's said...

Way to go Chris, that is awesome! I am sure you are so happy Brooke, I am so excited for you guys. I am not a big accounting fan and struggled through my accounting classes so I am glad there are folk like Chris who enjoys it and am sure are great at it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in any way.

Allison said...

Wahhooooo!