Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Craig & Abigail's Super Why Party


Craig turned two and Abigail is now four. To commemorate the occasion, we had a Super Why Party. For all of you do not watch PBS on a daily basis, Super Why is a cartoon about a boy named Wyatt who solves problems with his super reading powers and his friends, the Super Readers. The kids all had to get outfitted as Super Readers with their letter shirts and capes. Then they played pin the mask on Super Why and other games to earn super letters to spell out the Super Story answer, which of course was Happy Birthday. The kids seemed to have a really good time.

Two of the party guest had been there at Abigail's first birthday. I dug out the picture from her first birthday so you could see for yourself how they have changed. Here is Conner, Abigail and Ty at birthday number 4.
At Abigail's first birthday, they looked a little more dazed. Maybe they were trying to figure out how to get some cake.
I am grateful that my kids have good friends and that I do too.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Bridgette said...

Ty loved the party! You are so clever. The kids are still loving the capes. The last photo of little Abby & little Connor...how did Sydney slip into that picture? ha ha, my little twins.

Cheryl said...

that looks like such a cute and creative party! did you make that cake brooke?

The Karafa Family said...

OK, so now Jordy is obsessed with Super Why! Thanks! :)

Hope said...

Hi...You don't know me, so I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, but the link to it popped up when I googled "Super Why Party Games". I am trying to put together a Super Why party for my 4-year old and since you've been there, done that, I was wondering if you'd share your party in more detail with me? Like did you make that cake yourself? And I'd like to know in more detail your games, etc. Would you mind emailing me at brettandhope@gmail.com and I could pester you with more questions???

thanks!
Hope Taft
North Salt Lake, UT

Natalie said...

i found you on google too because my daughter is turning 5 and wants a Super Red roller skating birthday party! I love the shirts!!!

Alicia said...

What a cute, cute party! I love it all! I also found this page through Google. My daughter is turning 4 in a few weeks. We are tossing a number of party themes around, and Super Why! is one of them. Please email me @ Beethoven75 at comcast dot net if you don't mind sharing your ideas and activities. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I was searching Super Why party ideas and found your post. My son is wanting a Super Why party for his 3rd birthday party. I was wondering if you made the cake yourself. I loved it and so did he when he saw it. If you could email me at adpillers@yahoo.com I would really appreciate it.

Andrea Pillers
Florissant, MO