Monday, October 13, 2008

Tyler's Initiation

Aunt Whitney and her boyfriend Tyler came over and babysat for us so that Chris and I could go out. Which on a side note, never, I repeat never go to Westgate without first checking if there is a concert. We have been thwarted twice due to concert crowds. One was Hannah Montana and this weekend was Niel Diamond. Very different crowds, same results.

I digress. Sorry. Anyway, I came home to find this evidence on my camera that the kids had had a rip roaring good time with their babysitters. These kids loved it.
You probably wouldn't notice, but in the above picture Tyler's hair was a little long. Whitney deemed him "in need of a haircut" and wanted to get rid of his bangs. Unafraid of a novice, Tyler accepted my offer to cut his hair. Since I have never cut hair before I was going slow and doing a good job. Suddenly out of no where Chris just took over. Not kidding. "Hey I thought this was my chance to finally cut hair, since he won't let me cut his." I have always begged Chris to let me cut his hair. I already trim up the hair on the back of his neck between haircuts. I do a good job with that. His hair would be so easy to cut and he won't let me do it. Even after he gets bad haircuts at local places, he won't let me touch it. Here is Chris cutting Tyler's hair and at the same time maximizing the distance between him and Tyler.
Undeterred by her older brother, Whitney decided that she too wanted in on the fun. (Her turn only lasted one pass of the clippers that ended with an "Oh. . . I'm done.")

We corrected Whitney's attempt and Tyler got his free haircut. It is a good thing men are not as attached to their hair as girls. I would have aborted the whole thing when the second driver tried to take the wheel. Well, thanks Tyler for letting me try.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Haha! I love it! Tyler has actually gotten several compliments on his haircut! It is great fun to explain that his girlfriend, her sister in law, AND brother cut it! Also, the pictures do not even do justice to how much those kids loved having Tyler over. Abigail is quite smitten; I have some serious competition! Love you Brooke!

Whitney said...

Oh! And don't worry! You definitely get most of the credit, and we explain that I only made things worse, and you fixed them!

The Karafa Family said...

Looks like Whitney found a good one!