Saturday, October 4, 2008
facebook and Politics
I have been recently introduced to facebook through some family members. I am still trying to figure everything out, but I have already connected with a number of long lost friends. In light of the upcoming election, I have realized that among those friends there are some who are democrats. I admit that I am a republican. While I don't agree with everything our current president has done, there are core values which bind me to this political party. Therefore I plan to vote for McCain/Palin in the upcoming election. In an effort to not be close minded, I would like to invite my democrat friends to explain to me what appeals to them about their party. I do NOT want this to become a debate. I will not try to persuade you from your beliefs. I am simply curious about something which I currently do not understand. Thanks in advance to those that participate. I know what a contentious topic politics can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hey! I am so excited that you joined facebook, which led me to your blog! Your children are beautiful and it's so fun to see what you are up to! How are things out in Buckeye? Do you have any Farar's in your ward? Damond's brothers family lives out there.
I myself am pretty disappointed in the candidates. I wish there could be a do-over :D I agree there are important values I need to side with, but I am not impressed with Palin :( Nor am I impressed with Obama :( So who knows... hopefully someone will respond and help us both :)
Say hi to Chris!
I'm excited that you've joined Facebook! As far as the political parties go, I consider myself to be Republican on most issues. I will vote Republican, because the core of my beliefs are along Republican lines, but there are certain issues I feel pretty strongly about that lean more towards the liberal side, none of which would make for very good "blog" conversations.
I have to admit, because I already made the decision to vote Republican, I haven't really followed the candidates this year, and I missed the debate the other night. So I couldn't tell you a lot about what they "stand for." Based on what little I do know, I worry about the future of our country no matter who ends up in office. So my vote this year will be based on my faith and my "party" more than on my own knowledge of who wants what.
Brooke! Your cousin Lindsay here! Love to look at your blog every now and then. Your kids are adorable! If you want to understand mormons and democrats a little bit better, I'd be happy to offer my thoughts. Lindsaytoone@gmail.com
The Democrats are more keen on the spreading of wealth - the rich can keep getting richer all they want, but not at the cost of the majority. They too should be helped. That is called brotherhood. That is called humanism.
Plus, they are anti-war. War for peace, the motto of the Republicans, is quite ironic, IMHO!
P.S. You have a beautiful family. God bless!
I am curious. What are the core issues of the Republicans that inspire you?
Post a Comment