No wonder I feel so busy lately. I feel like I haven't stopped since we got back into our house after our no A/C hiatus. While here are a few of the things that have kept me busy. For those of us in AZ, the peaches have arrived. Boxes of Utah peaches are shipped down here to us. We never know exactly when we will get them, but when they come in you have to act fast to get them eatten, dried or processed. The arrive at the peak of ripeness and any delay will cause them to go bad and be lost. I got a little adventurous this year. I made peach salsa and I am very proud of it. This is the first thing I ever canned. Isn't it pretty? When I check the tops and they had in fact sealed, I wanted to jump for joy. No one in my house understands. Maybe you do.
The second thing that has been keeping me busy was a present from my mother-in-law.
It may not look like much, but inside this bag are scraps of ribbon from The ribbon store. The creative possibilies are endless. Really, this has been addictive for me. I would make hair bows all day long if I could. But as I have other responsibilies, I try to exercise some restraint and only work on bows after the kids have gone to bed. The really fun thing about this scrap bag is that each bow or set of bows are unique. There is only just enough of that ribbon to be used once. I love the challenge this presents. Here are a few of the bows I have made so far.




6 comments:
Boo hoo! I want someone to make bows for! I asked my sister if she thought I could pull off the look! They look great! And now I know who to call for canning tips!
Very cute bows, Brooke! The salsa looks super yummy. So far I have only braved freezer jam- no real canning involved! Maybe one of these days I will get truly brave and try canning for real! :)
Yay for bows!! I l-o-v-e LOVE the blue and brown ones with the polka dots!
Great job, Brooke!!
I have the clips for the paci holders- another use for that fabo deal on the ribbon!
:)
Kathy
Your bows turned out very cute! I am with Darice on the canning. I need to get with it!
If I ever have a girl, I want you to make her some bows. Also, do you have any "boy" ribbons to make a pacifier holder for your dear nephew? You are getting so creative--you are turning into mom. When do you plan on opening Galadriel's Garden? :)
Post a Comment