Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3rd of July Parade and Ukuleles

After our race we headed to Murray to watch a great American parade. I love these. The kids did too. I discovered that if you happen to be a lover of salt water taffy all you have to do to round up a year supply is attend one of these parades. My kids thought it was so cool that they were tossing candy and they would chase after every piece. After 3-4 I cut them off and made them put the rest of the candy in my purse. I still have a ton in there. Yes you may ask me for some.
We played a few carnival games and snapped this family picture just before leaving. It was the perfect morning.
That evening after dinner and before the fireworks began my mom and brother played a little dueling ukuleles. The weather was amazing. The music as fun. The kids played with cousins and Chris went undefeated in Horse. I really couldn't ask for more, yet . . . there was more to come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: