Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cousin Fun and a First Run

We took a trip up to Utah to see family and celebrate the 4th of July. The best part of it all was getting the cousins together. We went up to the Canyons resort rode the cabriolet and a gondola half way up the mountain and hiked around with everyone before finding the perfect picnic spot. It was so good to have all of them together.


On the morning of the 3rd, my husband and I ran a race. I did a 10K. I didn't do as well as I would have hoped because I was recovering from being sick earlier in the week. However, my husband ran the 5K and finished 1st in his age group. This was the first race he ever ran. Sorry Honey, but you peaked a little early. My sister who ran the 10K with me finished 2nd overall and 1st in her age group. While I was happy for them, I as a little sad to be the only one going home without a medal. Chris was joking about having to come back next year to defend his title. Right on Babe.

At the beginning of the race I ran by one of the finest cops in West Jordan. Kelly Zierse who lived in our ward until recently was there making sure the runners didn't get run over. It was so fun to see a familiar face. Chris gave him the rodeo tickets he won since we already had plans that night.
It was a wonderful way to begin celebrating the 4th of July. (For those who care, I finished 8th.)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brian Hall said...

Awesome! I'm so jealous! I love Utah in the summer! Congrats on your race!

Kelly and Megan said...

Your trip to Utah looked like a fun time. I always enjoyed coming home in the summer to enjoy the cooler temperatures. I thought it was funny that you saw Kelly at the race. I know he was surprised to see you guys!

Kendra said...

That cousin picture is the cutest picture ever! I love how they are all in the same age range- SOOOO cute! Way to go on all the running.

Mahers said...

Congrats! 8th is pretty great, especially if you're like me and wouldn't even enter! My hat's off to you! Looks like the entire weekend was fun, funny we were up that way that weekend too!

Andreas and Amber said...

You look great Brooke, so nice and skinny. HUGS.