Friday, July 30, 2010

Crawdad fishing and Funny Faces

Last minute we packed up our family and headed up to a friend's cabin up on the rim. For those not from AZ it means a weekend away from the heat and in the mountains. I had never been up that way before so this was a new adventure for me.
We started out the day with a run and crawdad fishing. I had never done this before. Bacon and a rock are placed in a nylon and tied with fishing line to a stick. The kiddos dangle these in the river and within minutes we started bringing in crawdads. My husband wanted to throw them in the jambalaya, but I talked him into waiting until next year.

Naps were not permitted on this vacation and the kids went to bed late every night. When they were being this good watching a little movie, it was hard to force them to bed.

Laney teaching Chase to make a funny face. (I had about 10 of these pictures on my camera.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: