Friday, August 15, 2008

Haircut

I have never cried over one of my own haircuts gone bad. After we returned from vacation, Craig was overdue for a trim.
Here is what he looked like shortly before we left on our trip to Utah.

This is what I left the salon with. (Actually, this pictures is from today. This is a week's worth of growth on top of the chop job the lady did.)

Who is that kid? I have no idea!!

I wanted his hair shorter, but I in no way asked for my son's hair to be buzzed. I was furious. I can't even part his hair, which all good missionary boys know is essential. I admit he doesn't look terrible, but are you kidding me. It just doesn't look like him. I love his curles, I hope they come back when his hair gets longer again. Craig loves to have his hair combed and cut. The lady doing it did such a bad job that Chris had to fix it when he got home. Thank goodness we had a set of clippers handy. Everyone keeps telling me that it is only hair. I know that. I realize this is totally an emotional response, but I want my baby's curls back!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Wright's said...

I know it is just hair but I am with you, it can be somewhat devastating. He looks so much older and so different without his amazing curls. So sad! You are being so brave, hang in there. : )

The Karafa Family said...

You know I love a buzz cut but I agree that his curls are worth missing. My kids have the funky Karafa hair that you cant do much but keep short!

Shauna said...

I feel for you, those blond curls were adoreable, but hopefully they will be back.:)

Barnes Family said...

Oh my goodness! He looks so different. He is so cute either way.

Allison said...

Brooke, I am with you. Jacob got his first big boy haircut a couple weeks ago, and though every one always told me he was shaggy, I loved his long hair. Mullet and all. I was very sad after his first hair cut because it made him look so much older and so different. I feel your pain! But just think--it will grow back, and you will have control over it again. He'll probably do much worse things with it when he is a teenager!

Camille said...

Hi Brooke- I found your blog through Amanda's. We have a blog, too! thesoelbergs.blogspot.com
Your kids have grown up so much, and look so cute! I hope to see them sometime in the future! Looks like you guys are doing great! Take care.